Instant Messaging is the real-time communication between two or more users. It is taking over the world at a fast pace and it affects Mobile VoIP Business in a significant way as well. Adding Instant Messaging to your Mobile VoIP Business with not only attract more users but also will help your business to grow fast.
While mobile phones have always been a great mode to talk to people, but recently talking over the phone is losing its popularity. This is because of the alternative available in the form of instant messaging which similar to talking but via text messages in real-time. According to research carried out by Ipsos Mori for Deloitte- The Guardian reports, the number of people making a phone call once a week went from 96 per cent to 75 per cent over the past three years.
The increasing popularity of Instant Messaging owes mainly to the increasing access to smartphone devices across the world. For communication nowadays, people prefer alternative methods like Instant Messaging. One of the main reasons people are shifting to this medium is the ease of making connections with their dearest ones.
With Instant Messengers, people can communicate with their nearest and dearest from anywhere, without fearing high call and SMS rates for international numbers. Lately, some researchers predicted that Instant Messaging will replace voice call and SMS, and will become the most prominent mode of communication shortly.
Today’s Instant Messaging solutions are feature-rich and blend well with unified communication suites. They include group chat, conferencing, voice, video, deep integration with group collaboration suites, and much more.
Some Important Instant Messaging Statistics
The telecommunication industry has seen major developments in recent years. According to the latest data from GSMA Intelligence, there are 5.15 billion unique mobile phone users in the world today. With an annual growth rate of 8 per cent, the latest data from Ericsson reveals the number of mobile subscriptions associated with smartphones exceeds 6 billion.
Here are some of the latest updates:
- In its Messaging App usage report, Statista has stated that 2.52 billion people use messaging apps on mobile. And keeping up with the growing trend this number would reach 3 billion in 2022.
- Messaging Apps have surpassed the social network in size by 20%. According to Business Insider, the messaging apps have 20% more active monthly users than Social Networks.
- Statista reports show over 2.9 billion people using Messenger and WhatsApp. The reports also state that 41 million messages are sent out every minute. According to Statista data from 2019, WhatsApp has 1.6 billion users followed by Messenger with 1.3 billion in the second place and WeChat in the third spot with 1.12 billion users.
- According to Statista reports, as of July 2020, every month, 2 billion users were accessing the WhatsApp messenger. The app’s reach is usage penetration is particularly strong in markets outside of the United States and it is one of the most popular mobile social apps worldwide.
All these developments in mobile phones and the internet availability has paved the way for users to access these latest technologies. And therefore, in turn, has also helped the Mobile VoIP businesses to expand rapidly.
Scale up your VoIP business by adding Instant Messaging feature:
According to the Radicati Group’s report, the number of worldwide Instant Messaging (IM) accounts, totals over 3.2 billion in 2015. This figure is expected to reach over 3.8 billion by the end of 2019. The popularity of instant messaging (IM) has increased over the past year.
Over half of internet users worldwide (55%) are now using instant messaging (e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, etc.) every day. Instant messaging represents the future of a mobile-dominant internet. Hence, a VoIP service provider can bring this amazing value to their business.
There are several benefits a VoIP business can avail by adding Instant Messaging feature to its service:
- It will strengthen the relationship between business and customers.
- The business can differentiate itself from its competitors.
- It will eventually lead to more profitability for the business in the long run.
Therefore, as a whole, it can be stated that Instant Messaging is dominating the communication industry at present and will continue to increase its presence in future. Hence, the sooner a VoIP service provider adapts to this feature, the faster his/her business will flourish.
Note: This blog has been updated with the latest data and facts.